Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What cook is your nemesis !

Options
2»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Squirrel :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    How would one know if squirrel was cooked well, or badly? If it tastes like roadkill - does that mean you nailed it? :-S
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • morrobayrich
    Options
    Brussel sprouts.  No matter how you cook them they taste awful.
    Morro Bay, CA
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Canadian eye of round. Cant even make a stew with it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    I can't seem to get pork ribs just right. Spares or baby backs. I can make em edible just can't seem to hit a home run with em.
    I've had this issue recently too. I believe it's due to trying different rubs. They're tender eenough but I'm missing flavor notes. I'll have to go back to my tried and true and give them a run.
    Have you tried a different rub on the bone side and another on the meat side? When I remember, I like to hit the bone side with something hot like Habanero Death Dust or Slap Ya Mama Hot. The heat hits your tongue first, then the other flavors - sort of tells your mouth to wake up and pay attention to what's coming next.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Brussel sprouts.  No matter how you cook them they taste awful.

I never had brussel sprouts until this past summer. Now I can't get enough
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    I wish I could make a good brisket consistently. I've made one 10, a few 7-8's, and maybe a couple of 6-7's.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am not a brisket expert but I feel like the couple I have done have turned out well for only the reasons I have learned from the forum except reinforced:

1. Don't smoke a flat and expect it to be moist.  If you want moist flat you need a whole packer IE point and flat.  Point only covers maybe 30% of the flat.  The other end of the flat might still end up dry.

2. Don't smoke USDA select brisket and expect it to be moist.  Get the good ish.

What I have done.. since my first love recipe on the BGE was and is pastrami.  Is simply buy the whole packer quality brisket.  Then slice off the flat at the point where it meets the flat/point.  

The flat only gets cured and smoked for pastrami.. (for me a bigger hit than almost anything I do)

The flat/point gets smoked low and slow with S&P until jigglyish and then the point is seperated for burnt ends.  Remaining flat is FTC.

Everything is utilized to perfection.  For me.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    I am usually terrible about taking pics with my cooks but I always try to keep this stuff instock (the pastrami flat).  A quick cut from the fridge:

Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    morrobayrich ..I have a good grilled balsamic brussel sprout recipe if you want to try it.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,603
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Canadian eye of round. Cant even make a stew with it.
    beef jerky bud!

canuckland