Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Golfers?

I love playing golf and seeing Eggs in the backyard of homes on the course.

Any other golf fanatics on here?

What is your handicap? (Cant wait to hear these responses)

Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    7, but I haven't played in 18 months!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    edited October 2014
    11.2 as of now. Hoping to get below 10 at some point! 

What's yours????    ;)
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    I love to golf but I have two handicaps.  One I'm not good at all and the other is that I only get to golf about twice a year.  I work at a pool store and work too darned much in the summer.   :-q
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Mostly my putting is my handicap.  I can get to the green fine, but a three foot putt is impossible.  I'd be better off using a baseball bat.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    Love golf.  I am a 10, but shot my career low this summer.  +2 at Caledonia in Pawleys Island, SC.
  • GASGUY
    GASGUY Posts: 111
    15, but trying to learn to hit a draw. Course I joined seems to require a lot of draws off the tee which hurts my game. A work in progress to get back under a 10.
  • Love the game, can't get enough.  Was an 18 handicap until my irons were custom fit this spring.  Down to a 12 so far this year. Played yesterday afternoon and will continue until the frost sets in up here in Ontario.   @QuDude try visuallizing the putt dying at the hole and it will drop.  Works for me.  Haven't seen any eggs while playing, but if I did, I'd probably invite myself over for an egged discussion. 

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Not sure what my handicap is but the last time I played the best 2 balls I hit all day was when I stepped on the trap rake :))
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    I am about a 20. I only play a few times a year lately. I lack distance, one day I will figure it out, of course I have heard my dad saying that my whole life.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Played to a best 12.2 Index then my knees no longer like to play golf. 

Live on a Par 3 green of a Nicklaus Signature course. Still go out and chip and putt a little bit but no longer averaging $700/mo to play and compete on the all the tournaments and stuff. 

Instead, I relish in driving the golfers crazy with my smoking egg. 

For example, yesterday morning........

imageimageimage
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    My index is 3 and I look for BGE's in people's yards all the time. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I just started back playing over the summer after an 17 year absence. I stink. 

The best I have shot so far is a 90. I am just glad to break 100 most days.  

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • THEBuckeye
    Smokinpig  Posts: 325
    I am about a 20. I only play a few times a year lately. I lack distance, one day I will figure it out, of course I have heard my dad saying that my whole life. 
    Growing up in Columbus Ohio, there wasn't any golf in the Winter. But every Spring, he would tell me " I finally learned how to hit the ball!"
    Lost Dad just a little over 2 years ago. I miss him. Watching the US Open on Father's Day has not been the same since. 
    He was a lifelong Webber Guy. 

New Albany, Ohio 

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    @THEBuckeye that story is familiar. My dad's line is "I finally figured it out", of course a week later he has lost it again. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I play to a 15, I really need to play more to the it down.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    I've been playing golf since I'm 12 years old. I am 59 now so I've been every handicap you can imagine during those years. My lowest handicap I was a 6 and I played as a single digit for many years. I quit playing golf while playing some of my best golf last year.I went inactive from the country club mainly because I felt guilty about the money I was spending on myself also the time away from my family. I miss my friends but I don't really miss playing golf that much. the plus side is I'm saving lots of money.
    Yes I would always look for big green eggs and I would occasionally spot them on the courses that I've played.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Been playing for almost 50 years, almost 62, wow that sounds old.  Got pretty good at one time, still play about 2 times a week, carrying about a 6 now.  It's tough playing tourneys now I just can't hit the ball like those flat bellies. Starting to get to play from the forward tees in some tourneys due to my age, it really helps. I play the Adams CMB blades and really like them.  I hit the new Mizuno MP15's last week and was very impressed. Maybe if I can stop buying eggsessories I will be able to game some new blades. 

Cactus darrell

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas

• I don't know what my handicap is, but I usually score about 50 if the windmill is spinning slow enough and the AstroTurf is in good condition.
    Flint, Michigan
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    I am a golf professional in NJ.  I love golf, I love egging.

Don't keep a handicap but have to play to scratch either way.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited October 2014
    i used to love to play, then kids. They are into baseball, basketball and lacrosse so that is what we do. Wouldn't trade it for the world. I can golf when they grow up. I'm sure I'll be just as bad as when I stopped. :D
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    I'm currently playing to a 12.8. I try to play at least once or twice a week. I also love playing on the Golfweek Amateur Tour(season ended last week with the championship in Hilton Head,SC). It's like the Golf Channel's Amateur Tour, but less expensive. Look to see if there's one in your area at www.amateurgolftour.net. Some cities even have a senior division. 
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited October 2014
    I was playing a ton a few years ago and got down to a 5.3.  The last 2-3 years however, I'm lucky if I get out more than a few times a year because of work and kids' activities, etc., and have no idea what my HC is now, but I'm sure it's suffered.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• THEBuckeye

Eggs don't care what you shot.

They love you unconditionally!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Never played enough to get good at it. Took a lesson once and the Pro told me I was standing to close to the ball - after I hit it.
    mwatts Posts: 122
    I currently have a handicap inex of +.4. Being a teacher my handicap lower tremendously during the summer months.
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • Sitting at a +2 right now...been playing the better portion of my life..being in the car biz I only play roughly once a week..but I like to swing by the range in the morning before work almost daily to keep the swing in check..I play a fair amount of Amateur events in NC/SC and did have a top 10 finish in the Charlotte AM tournament this year...would love to take a year off work and attempt the Mini Tours, but don't have a spare $100K to do that ... 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    QDude said:
    Mostly my putting is my handicap.  I can get to the green fine, but a three foot putt is impossible.  I'd be better off using a baseball bat.
    Play more miniature golf.  I can putt around obstacles like you wouldn't believe, but I have no idea how to hit a golf ball hard.

As a kid, we used to combine 3 games into a new one, golf, pool, & ping pong.
    At a friends house, we would use his father's 9 iron to chip a ping pong ball up onto the pool table and into the far corner pocket. TRUE STORY
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I don't have an official established handicap, but I'd put her at about a +54

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I play to a 5 handicap. My father taught me when I was 8 and taught me the mechanics of the swing. Ie how to fix or what causes a Mishima of any kind. I miss him so much.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    cam05210 said:

Sitting at a +2 right now...been playing the better portion of my life..being in the car biz I only play roughly once a week..but I like to swing by the range in the morning before work almost daily to keep the swing in check..I play a fair amount of Amateur events in NC/SC and did have a top 10 finish in the Charlotte AM tournament this year...would love to take a year off work and attempt the Mini Tours, but don't have a spare $100K to do that ... 

What club do you play out of?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC