Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

I live in Ocala, Florida and I have a hard time finding quality whole brisket. Does anyone know of a reputable online seller that I could go through to purchase whole brisket? I have searched and realize there are numerous sellers; however, I was hoping to get some first hand advise from members who have actually purchased from online sellers. Thank you and happy egging.
Husband, Father, Grandfather and Chef of the Home Front. XL BGE- purchased on 5/28/2014

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Snake river farms. Expensive but worth it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • KJWILD
    KJWILD Posts: 95
    Thank you travisstrick. I have viewed the site and they have some quality products.
    Husband, Father, Grandfather and Chef of the Home Front. XL BGE- purchased on 5/28/2014
  • KJWILD
    Which size do you usually go with?
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Check with your local supermarkets or meat specialty shops and see if they will order you some.  I looked at your locations, but don't see any Restaurant Depot stores near by.  Have you checked at Walmart Super Stores?  They all carry Briskets around here and yours might be able to order it for you.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,554
    +1 with @Shiff-also your local Costco may get packers in and when they do they are prime cut (at least around here) for around $4+ /lb.  (Haven't seen any lately and I'm sure the price has moved higher).  Not SRF but definitely  one you can enjoy.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • KJWILD
    Thank you all for the information. I have been egging since May of this year and I am past ready to tackle a brisket. I am sure it will be a learning experience but I am looking forward to doing my first one on the egg.
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    I'm in Jacksonville and can't find anything other than choice cut, if that. Very few packers as well.