Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tips for EGGtoberfest?

Options
weekender
weekender Posts: 61
edited October 2014 in EGGtoberfest

I cannot wait until next Saturday for EGGtoberfest to taste all the delicious food and to pick up my first Big Green Egg. I think I will starve myself the day before so I have plenty of room for tasting.

As a first time attendee any tips for how to best navigate the event? I am sure the lines will be long so for those who have attended in the past I would welcome all your advice. Best time to arrive, leave, etc. Also do they sell any of the accessories during the event and do they offer any discounts?

Thanks in advance for all the great advice.

Northwest GA, Large BGE (w/Nest), Plate Setter

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Hunt down big green Craig. .. it'll be epic. :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • weekender
    Options

Not sure who that is , but will hunt him down!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Don't cross his line in the sand though.
  • weekender
    Options
    That is right.  He is the one who put out the BIG Throwdown challenge.  Should be fun to watch!

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I guarantee my Porchetta will be the Best Porchetta I have ever made, since it will be my first....there is the line! \:D/

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options

Arrive early and stay the whole time.  Something will always be being served.  Yes, the lines will be long sometimes and some will run out of what they are serving just as you get there.  Be understanding, it was not intentional.  There will be nearly 400 eggs cooking so there should be something available very near by.  Enjoy the day!! :-)

• gregg204
    Options

Last year it opened 1/2 hour earlier at 9. I arrived at 9:30 and the line was wrapped around the gates but moved pretty quick. I was in for 10. 

Once in, pace yourself. Very easy to fill up fast. And of course just enjoy yourself!!

• weekender
    Options

Thanks to everyone for the tips.  Can't wait to attend next weekend.