Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second Cook - Pizza

Options
As many of you know, I just got my new LBGE on Thursday and used it for the first time yesterday.  Well, today for lunch I wanted to make some pizza so I made a pesto pizza with 1/2 chicken and a regular pizza with 1/2 sausage, peppers, and onions.  As expected, I have some more learning to do in regards to timing.  I left the regular pizza on about a minute too long (had a slight taste of char on the bottom).  They were great though!

I did 600 degrees with a platesetter legs up and a pizza stone on tip of the grate.  Each pizza took about 8-9 minutes. 

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looks good! I like a little char to the crust.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Looks awesome.  Keep playing with it.  You will get it!!

XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited September 2014
    Options
    looks great pizza off the egg is my one families fav's we do it every friday night , the more you make the better they get 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Try raising the pizza stone. Put two bricks on edge on the grid and set the stone on those. Should help the toppings and crust brown more. As for the char on the bottom... Heaven!!

Better yet, just do em in the oven. Been at least a year since my egg has seen a pizza.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Monaarts
    Options
    I don't realy like pizza in the oven - they are kind of dry or something. Idk.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    They are looking good! Did you make your own dough?

Options
    Welcome to the gang!!! Great looking pizza....
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Monaarts said:

I don't realy like pizza in the oven - they are kind of dry or something. Idk.

That's fine of course. I can't really tell the difference and the oven is easier. So...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Looks good to me!! Second cook looks like a success.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Pizzas look great.

Agree with @Carolina Q on raising the stone, mine is usually a couple of inches above the felt line for pizza.