Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    flynnbob said:
    I haven't made it to my favorite rub / sauce place yet. Had to take Mr Flynn (my pup) to the ER last night - Was having some heart issues and had to be admitted. He should be good to go by tomorrow afternoon - Damn, I love that dog.  I have been able to pick up some good local GA sauces that I like so it will be fun to share with someone out of state.  There will be a good haul of various items from the Flynnbobs.
    I hope your dog gets better man!

I will set exclusions tonight so people within the the same state don't get one another.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Not traveling this week. Looking forward to shopping for some local favorites for my draw.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Not traveling this week. Looking forward to shopping for some local favorites for my draw.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I was going to get in, may have to rethink with medical bills to pay off and more may be coming in December for another hip replacement. Got left done, now I want the right one done.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • flynnbob
    Options
    cazzy said:
    flynnbob said:
    I haven't made it to my favorite rub / sauce place yet. Had to take Mr Flynn (my pup) to the ER last night - Was having some heart issues and had to be admitted. He should be good to go by tomorrow afternoon - Damn, I love that dog.  I have been able to pick up some good local GA sauces that I like so it will be fun to share with someone out of state.  There will be a good haul of various items from the Flynnbobs.
    I hope your dog gets better man!

I will set exclusions tonight so people within the the same state don't get one another.
    Sounds good Caz.  Thanks for the kind words about Flynn.  He is always by my side and it is strange not having him here.  He's been in an Oxygen tent since 4am.  The good news is that he should be home and in pretty good shape by tomorrow afternoon.  I hope to get a few more good quality years out of him - He just turned 7 but Cavaliers have heart valve problems.  Let's keep out fingers crossed.
    Milton, GA.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Just signed up.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I was supposed to go shopping for items today. We had rain all day yesterday so I pushed back my butt cook to today.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    flynnbob said:
    Where is your favorite rub / sauce place?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • corb69
    corb69 Posts: 155
    Options
    Just signed up
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @flynnbob‌ ... sorry about your buddy. They're like family. Mine is actually better than most my family.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Had a fantastic local sauce on some ribs today; best ribs I've egged in fact. Somebody will be getting some of that...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I'm very excited to see who I get!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • hondabbq
    Options
    When do we know who we get? How do we find out who we got?
  • cazzy
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    When do we know who we get? How do we find out who we got?
    Read the FAQ on Page 1.     :-\"
  • cazzy
    Options
    Need 3 more to get to 50.

Also, you have till 8pm tomorrow to enter your handle into the nickname field.  I unfortunately will have to delete you from the exchange if that isn't done.  For the record, I did send out a reminder email.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

@cazzy I appreciate you thinking about me, but I'm out. I've got way more rubs and spices than I know what to do with at the moment and have no idea when I'll get through them. The exchange is really a great idea, though. I got a lot of cool stuff from Chicago a few years back. I encourage some of the newbies (and everybody else) to participate.

I'm not seeing it on their website, but I hope some participating Texans send out some Salt Lick Chicken Rub. It's no secret that I am not a big fan of the place, but I do like their rubs and sauces. Just saw their chicken rub for the first time last week at HEB and its good. Did a mess of chicken thighs while at the ranch dove hunting and I was impressed. No pics as it was done on my ole offset and not on an Egg, but if came out just as good, if not better. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @Griffin You must have an HEB close to the Ranch. I load up every time I get close to one. Great stores.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

@Hotch Nearest HEB is in Kenedy (just built) which is 25 miles away. I picked some up in Corpus when I dropped the wife off for her baby shower. The prices in Corpus are ridiculous low compared to Richardson. Oh, and gas was $2.83 in Kenedy!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• hondabbq
    Options

Just did some googling only to find out its illegal to send any booze across the Canada/US border. There goes that idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Would different types of salsas be unwanted for something like this? Not a requirement for me, just trying to figure out all what to include.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @cazzy

Thanks for setting this up and again and for tagging me! Looks like I was about to miss out.  Let me run it by the misses and see if she will give me some money to play with you guys.

XLBGE 
  • henapple
    Options
    @MrCookingNurse‌ ...good to see you. You in Columbus MS?
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    47 participants

Wow, it seems like forever since I have been around here. I still lurk, just on a weekly basis no longer 342394 times a day. I look forward to making a care package for someone!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• henapple
    Options
    Haven't seen you here in forever.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Okay, need some advice fellas.

The reason why I'm requiring peeps to put their forum handle is so random people don't sign up.  We currently have 2 people without nicknames.  The last thing I want to do is kick someone out, so I was thinking maybe I could have them exchange with each other.  

Thoughts?
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Your a genius @cazzy great idea. It wasn't me was it? 

:))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • cazzy
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Your a genius @cazzy great idea. It wasn't me was it? 

:))
    LOL  You're good bruh.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Just signed up
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer