Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Foiling ribs

Options
Gonna try 2-2-1 method this weekend and was going to try adding some honey/brown sugar inside the foil. Here's my worry...by using the rib rack and the ribs being on their side I'm worried about all the brown sugar, etc. running to the bottomside since they won't be flat on the grill. Anyone have any tips or experience with this?...Also how many racks of ribs could I expect to be able to lay flat on the grill (Large egg) once I lay them flat to add sauce at the end?

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Lay em flat ... stack them with an overlap. I don't sauce my ribs ... I let me guest do that for themselves. Just like the restaurants.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • TDogg46
    Options
    Can you explain this "overlap?"
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I would just stack them flat on top of each other in a foil pan since what you're doing when you foil them is really steaming the to make them fall off the bone tender.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I pour honey and butter on double hdaf and wrap each rack individually. Meat side down.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • victor1
    victor1 Posts: 225
    Options
    i've made bb ribs only once so far on the bge  and did them 2-2 and about a 1/2.  apple juice for foil portion.  on my gas grill, i've mixed coca cola and SBR's bbq sauce for the foil portion.  the diluted bbq sauce with coke really gives a nice sauce flavor with out burning.  will try the same on the egg next time.