Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's cookin tonight?

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I must say, dialup really sucks, but hey, the brisket is on the egg here in the Smokey Mountains, it's a dry 47 degrees outside and the beer is cold as is the Milagro Silver (remember that blue bottle Sandbagger?)[p]It's good to be egging again, but I don't think I could tolerate perusing the forum with a dialup connection after using broadband for so many years.[p]Any way, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish a Happy Chanukah to those celebrating it this week.[p]I looking forward to spending New Years back at the Egg Ranch in Austin.[p]Cheers Ya'll[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 92
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Help me with some cookin? Brnad new.

• Sandbagger
    Options
    GrillMeister, I did six 1" ribeyes coated with smashed peppercorns, Cowlick, EVOO and kosher salt. 550 degrees and short dwell to a medium type doneness. I got one left for lunch tomorrow, Philly steak sandwhich. [p]Blue is my favorite color. [p]Happy New Year. [p]Tom[p]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    glad to hear you are having a good time. ...[p]isn't it about tiime for the second annual "lake of the woods" eggfest picture???[p]last year's was one of my favorite events. ...[p]i hear the ice is thick enough now. .. heeeee

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Jake,[p]What do you want know? Best to start a new thread and ask your questions.... folks here can help you with most any cook imaginable.[p]Welcome to the forum, brand new egger![p]John

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Sounds like you are having fun over there in the Smokey's. But sooner or later you've gotta come home.[p]In case you're wondering, I just called Chuck and reserved a spot at Camper Resort On Lake Travis for May 19th, 20th & 21st. I assume that we're having the 2006 Texas EggFest at the Marina again. This time we're coming in a camper-trailer instead of a pop-up. Oddly, it is about the same rental rate as the pop-up. It will give us a chance to check it out to see if I can handle pulling and setting up a trailer. If so, we might consider getting one.[p]Right now, I'm waiting for my local dealer to call to tell me my small BGE is in and ready for pickup. I need to practice on it a bit to get ready for Lawn Ranger's little party in Fredericksburg in January. Are you going to be able to be there?[p]Enjoy the last remaining days of 2005 and best wishes for 2006.[p]Spring "Dog Sitter" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]That's great news! We're having the Texas Eggfest on Lake Travis as usual. The RV stuff is not hard and your truck should handle a 25 footer without issue. You'll need electronic brakes though.[p]I'm still scheduled for Fredricksburg, so keep your fingers crossed that I don't get sent out on a last minute trip.[p]Happy New year.[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]Hmmm. Sounds like Costco Steaks to me.[p]The brisket is resting and waiting for the kids and in-laws to get back from Dollywood.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    LOWEggfest.jpg
    <p />mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I wish I was going this year, but it does not look good. I may have to get some photoshop out again over the weekend, but for your enjoyment, here we go.[p]Happy New Year![p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas