Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork belly gone wrong.

Options
Bit of help here. Had the egg for about 1 month now and loving it but every roast I have done hasn't been right. I've tried chickens, which haven't been as expected and today I did pork belly. The meat was cooked ok but I couldn't get the skin crispy. This was the method. Scoured the skin and rubbed in salt, pepper and tyme. Set the egg on indirect at about 450 and put the pork placed on onions in a baking tray for 30 mins before knocking it down to 350 for 2.5 hours. The skin was tough and it was a bit disappointing, any help as to why all roasts are going wrong would help. Think I may be too keen to get the meat into the egg before letting the heat settle. Is this possible? Here's a photo of the end product. I know the rules. If there's no photo, it didn't happen

Comments