Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second Egg

Options
2»

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Very good choice! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    @Farbuck just curious but what led to your final decision. What was your reasoning? I'm on the fence between second Egg and saving for my bar at our new house we don't have yet.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Mine are a large,and a mini.
    Very good combo, but I
    am just waiting for the mini-max to become available.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    @Egghead_Daron I decided on the two large setup because a single large sometimes isn't quite big enough.  Yet a large Egg isn't all that large.   I figured that anything smaller than a second arge, while convenient, might not really serve any function.  If I bought, say, a medium as my second Egg, then it wouldn't be all that different so I might as well use the large.  But if I'm cooking for a crowd, having 2 larges would add a lot more cooking area than a large and a medium.

Sorry if I'm rambling but I think i'll get more use out of the 2 large Egg setup than any other combination.

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    The mini was my choice only due to portability. Not much real estate, but you can get a small butt, rack of ribs or even a pork tenderloin on it with some creativity. Large and a mini does me right. The minimax looks interesting, but I have my mini all pimped out with accessories (wok, CI grid, woo, etc), so hate to let that go to waste.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @Farbuck‌ I just added a second large last Friday for the very same reasons.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I did the mini as my first egg, then bought a large. Wonder if that's a first.
    Seattle, WA
  • Willieb9000
    Options
    Farbuck said:
    Decided to go with a second large.  It'll be delivered tomorrow and I'll be assembling it Saturday.  Counting the hours...

@Farbuck where's your dealer?
    LBGE; Adjustable Rig
    Delaware County, PA
  • Maccool
    Maccool Posts: 191
    Options
    Every time I contemplate getting rid of the medium, I end up with a cook where three eggs allows for much more precise serving timing.

• Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    Good point.  3 eggs.  hmmmmmmm

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I just picked up a mini to go along with my large. Wanted something to take with me on the boat and in the RV.
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Sixpack1 said:
    I just picked up a mini to go along with my large. Wanted something to take with me on the boat and in the RV.
    <br you will love the mini its great cooking for two
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @Maccool - Nice set up you have there. While the L and L combo works great, I love having the M too. M is actually my favorite one to cook on. It just seems easier/faster to control temp for me. I've had several people offer to buy my M and I just won't sell it. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Then med. Can be the 3rd egg.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa