Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless chicken

GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,360
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
Another fun one is the Jacques Pepin boned out chicken. It takes me a while to do the surgery but the result is worth the effort. Stuffed with a bread stuffing and 400 degrees indirect (until thermopen reads 160 white and 180 dark). Had the neighbours over, they were impressed
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,661
    Congrats! It looks a lot better than my first ballotine chicken. It gets easier every time I do it. The first few times, I had to watch the video and pause it while deboning the chicken. I now do it in about 5 minutes without watching the video. Stuffing with nuts (cashew and pistachios) adds a lot of flavor. You should also try wrapping with bacon.

Looks great, Going to have to try this.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • paqman
    Pics if the last one I made:

imageimageimageimage

• paqman
    @Dragonwmatches‌ - Mine was straight lump. If you use smoking chips, you should go easy because chicken takes on a lot of smoke flavor...

@GlennM and @paqman.
    They look so good. I've seen the video and really must try this.
    Very impressive. Thanks.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited July 2014
  • Yum!
    I've never deboned an entire bird, but I'm inspired now to try it.

Looks like a good excuse to get out the meat glue for the bacon wrap
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Here's my boneless chicken...LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,360
    Ha Ha. RRP ---The bone is on the outside! I used a small handful of apple chips and waited until the smoke was clear. Chicken can take on too much smoke flavour if your not careful. I would like to try some different stuffings, did spinach/mushrooms once as well This is a cool meal to serve friends, most people have never seen it before and makes a nice presentation!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario