Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Makeover Part II

Options
Well, I didn't quite get it done today, but I got it started.  She Who Must Be Obeyed hit me up with a new Honey Do list this morning...

Yesterday I pulled the dome off and scrapped off what was left of the old gasket and scrubbed it down with acetone to remove the old adhesive.  This afternoon I got the new Nomex gasket on.

After that I got the new hinge installed.

Then mated the dome onto the new hinge.

I discovered I didn't have the right size crescent wrench to get the hinge bolts into place and had to settle for tightening them down as tight as I could with a pair of open jawed pliers.  Tomorrow  I need to go by a hardware store so I can "bend the bolts" and get the hinge bands on correctly.  After I get that done I can pull the old guts out and replace them.  And I still need to get the new Egg-Mate tables on.  I'm really anxious to get it done.  The Egg has been hors de combat for a month now and I'm really jonesing for some good Que.

Hey Ron!  Good to hear from you again.  70 - eh?  Just getting started my man.  Just getting started...

Comments