Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork for 67 people

Options
lilwooty
lilwooty Posts: 215
I have been asked to egg up pulled pork for 67 people this weekend for a huge pool party.  Going by what I have read here, I am thinking about buying 25 lbs. of pork shoulder to do the job, keeping in mind that about 25 of the 67 attendees are children ranging in ages between 4 and 16.  Sound like I am in the ball park?

Living Large and XL

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    That might be a bit on the lite side. I go by people/2.4, (about 28 pounds in your case), then round up to the nearest butt/shoulder size that gets me there. I'd always rather have extra than not enough.

If you serve on rolls, that helps it stretch. Also, sides, etc.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Options
    DMW said:
    That might be a bit on the lite side. I go by people/2.4, (about 28 pounds in your case), then round up to the nearest butt/shoulder size that gets me there. I'd always rather have extra than not enough.

If you serve on rolls, that helps it stretch. Also, sides, etc.

We will be serving it two ways.  Some pulled with sauce and buns, slaw, pot salad.  Some will be done with more of a chili  and cumin based rub for tacos.  So there will be tortillas, rice and beans as well.  But I don't want to run out, that's for sure.  Thanks for the input.

Living Large and XL

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Got room for a 68th?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Got room for a 68th?

Sure, fine with me since it ain't at my place!...but no peeing in the pool.

Living Large and XL