Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

not while I'm sober

Options
13»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    So you'll be passing near Frederick if you do Rt.15 to 30. Dat's where I live, homie.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    One of the best things my parents ever taught me was to work hard for what you have and to pay your bills. Because of that I have learned to work with my hands, take care of my home, and live a comfortable life. I've also learned to be damn proud of what I've worked for. It is a crime when I see parents doing everything for their kids and not make them work for it. I'm a teacher (principal as of 2 weeks ago) and I see this all of the time.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited July 2014
    Options
    henapple said:

I'm in sterling tonight then on to York PA

Next time your in the area let me know and I'll buy you a beer! There will be no bacon involved though!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

One of the best things my parents ever taught me was to work hard for what you have and to pay your bills. Because of that I have learned to work with my hands, take care of my home, and live a comfortable life. I've also learned to be damn proud of what I've worked for. It is a crime when I see parents doing everything for their kids and not make them work for it. I'm a teacher (principal as of 2 weeks ago) and I see this all of the time.

@cortguitarman - Congrats on the promotion!
    Flint, Michigan
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Thanks @Fred19Flintstone‌. In education It isn't really a promotion but a choice. I love teaching kids. I believe that I have more to offer than I can give in the classroom. 14 years as a teacher with zero regrets. I will miss it tremendously. My hope is to pass on what I've learned and experienced to other teachers and continue learning from them. When I retire I'd like to move to another state and resume teaching. (Can't teach in the same state without hurting my pension).
    Mark Annville, PA