Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FibraMent Stone

Options
Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is advertised on the new site.[p]Should I have one? Is this as good or better that the BGE stone?
[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.net/index.php?option=com_gallery&task=click&bid=24[/ul]

Comments

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Eggecutioner,[p]Since I've had my Large I have had only one pizza stone, so comparisons aren't something I'm able to offer. Before I bought my Egg I cooked a few pizzas in our home oven. They were dreck. Never repeated after the few first attempts.[p]But can say that for the last 9 months or so I have enjoyed the way the Fibrament cooks pizza and bread. No negatives.[p]My pizzas don't look like the ones in their photo. Sorry I don't have a photo to offer.[p]Thru her high school years my wife lived in Milan and Rome (her Dad was on assignment with a large US corp). She has redefined my appreciation of pizza. Thin crust, minimal sauce and toppings. We will top with a little marinara sauce, some chopped garlic, a mix of fresh spinach and basil leaves, pinches of crushed red pepper and a couple of grated cheeses. Drizzle with a little EVOO after it comes out. The crust is everything, and if the stone matters, ours has proven to be good. Our pizzas are eaten as soon as we can touch them. Bet that's true in most Egger homes. A glass of some non-descript sangiovese is always a good accompaniment.[p]We have also experimented with Italian style breads in the Egg. This is new for us. We try to match what we experienced in Italy. Still getting there, but very positive on our first attempts. The lump fire makes all the difference. Guess I can't say if another stone would do better, but this one does very well.[p]HTH[p]DD
  • Eggecutioner
    Options
    DobieDad,[p]Thanks, You know I have to agree sometimes simple things are just the best. Buttered spaghetti noodles with salt. I love that, haven't had it in a long time either. I have a BGE stone and I was just wondering if i needed something better. I don't. It's about what I put on the stone that is important.[p]By the way, Made a couple Lechon Asado butts this weekend. Color them gone.[p]E
  • DobieDad
    Options
    Eggecutioner,[p]As Christmas is near I've been thinkin' about Lechon....[p]It's about time!!![p]DD
  • DobieDad
    Options
    Eggecutioner,[p]Should have mentioned that my wife will often do spaghetti with olive oil and fresh-grated Parmesan. That's it. She's happy thru and thru.[p]I must admit I like it too, but for me the sangiovese is an essential element.[p]DD
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Eggecutioner,[p]The FibraMent Stones are typically more costly than the kiln-fired ceramic stones. Everything else is equal. They are good stones.[p]Puj