Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many warranty issues have you had?

Options
2»

Comments

• Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    I had my base crack last month, first warranty issue for me in 3+ years and it was handled promptly by my dealer and BGE.
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• islandegger
    Options
    I have had my large for 4 years, my medium for 3 years and my mini for 2 years. Zero warranty issues
  • qprhooligan
    qprhooligan Posts: 126
    Options
    Zero on a large I have had about 2 years. Had two on a medium but it was pretty old, firebox cracked and so did daisy wheel. Oh yeah the thermometer died to but no warranty on it, I just bought a new tel-Tru.
  • BugCollector
    Options
    One fire box and now I'm waiting on a fire ring.

Just noticed a crack in the platesetter.  

I've had my egg for 14 months.

It gets used 4 to 6 times a week.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I think @Lit is on to something with frequency of use among forum members vs general public. 

Most all of our meals now involve egged food in some way or another.

I'm guessing that the majority of BGE owners average once per week at most. Most of us will find a firing flaw in ceramics 4 or 5 times sooner than most.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker