Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Portability of a MBGE?

Options
2»

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

@travisstrick‌ Well, THAT just blew all my internet preconceived notions to hell! :)

Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @PNWFoodie You can't trust an avatar to be accurate. Now in the case of @Eggcelsior‌ it may be a scan of his current photo ID.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Agree with RRP on the potlifter.  Makes it easy to move a medium.  I have transported mine in the back of a Ford Explorer with no problem.  I also agree with Travis.  I'm 6-1 and have moved the Medium by myself, but it wasn't easy.  I was nervous as heck that I would drop it!  I hope to not be in that position again!
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @DMW It wasn't the avatar...although I do like to think of him that way. :)) @travisstrick‌ I just assumed you to be older, since you are so very wise in the ways of Q
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Two_Down said:
    Thanks for all the responses guys.  Unfortunately it's a non-issue because I got snaked on the deal.  Person clammed up and the next response I got was that it had sold.

$400 for a MBGE and nest plus some tools and lump seemed too good to be true anyway....
    Next time you have a shot at a medium for $400.00 with a nest in good shape you better just jump on it. I bought my medium to take to our NC home in the summer and I could put it in and out of my ford expedition myself, took the fire ring and fire box out then put them back inside the egg for the ride. My wife would hold the nest by the car when unloading it. AS for needing to move a hot egg, just take the lump out with welders gloves, take the fire ring and fire box out and leave the dome open and in 30 minutes it will be cool enough to load and go. Oh the $400.00 was to good to be true! I have been lucky enough to get 2 eggs 1 lg 1med used for a great price only because I did not hesitate and just told the seller I would buy.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

@DMW It wasn't the avatar...although I do like to think of him that way. :))

@travisstrick‌ I just assumed you to be older, since you are so very wise in the ways of Q

Its a long story that some on the forum know but I basically had a credit card with no limit to buy whatever food I wanted and lived on my own since I was 16. I cooked a lot.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Two_Down
    Two_Down Posts: 74
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig - Do you know Ted at Outdoors Three65 personally?  I ordered the egg lifter a few days back and am trying to get some information on shipping but no one is answering via Ted's email or the sales email at Outdoors.  

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Its one bolt to remove the dome and then quick to empty the insides. I'm average size 6' and 200 pounds and I took my XL out of its table and into its new nest by myself without any issues.