Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So are you cooking for Father's Day?

Options
2»

Comments

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My first fathers day as well. Got two 9 month old twin boys that I'll be hanging around at the house with while my wife saves lives at the hospital.

Going to probably smoke some ribs. Haven't done any in a while, will probably do some bourbon baked beans up under them, and some german potato salad. Haven't decided if I want spare or loin..

Going to sit around with my little guys, some good beers on tap, and enjoy the final round of the US OPEN while the smoke stokes out on the back patio.. Will be a blast to let them crawl around out back while we watch all the poor saps on the golf course who FINALLY get out to play once a year. ;)

Should be fun times.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Mr_Bream
    Mr_Bream Posts: 34
    Options
    Ribs here.  When I told my better half I wanted ribs, like others, she says "But you'll have to cook."  OK, so where's the problem.  Pick up a growler fill, load up a pipe or grab a cigar, put the ribs on the Egg and I'm good for the afternoon!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @FATC1TY‌ what does your wife do?
  • FATC1TY
    Options
    @Eggcelsior She's a ICU trauma nurse.
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Awesome baby girl... It goes by so quick - enjoy every moment my friend. I'm be home cooking myself on the Egg, still deciding on what... Definitely have to include some Corn... Happy Father's Day to you in advance...
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    FATC1TY said:

@Eggcelsior She's a ICU trauma nurse.

@FATC1TY‌. Nice. Where at? I did neurotrauma ICU nursing for 3 years at Shock Trauma. I want to go back. I'm still at the same hospital.
  • FATC1TY
    Options
    @ Eggcelsior

It's at a level 1 trauma hospital in Atlanta. She started there out of school and has been there since.
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @FATC1TY, that is awesome man.  I must applaud you though with twins.  I see how much goes into one little one.  I could not imagine two!  Especially with breast feeding. 

I will likely watch a little of the US Open as well.  No a golf fan, but love when the tour comes to NC, especially Pinehurst.  My family is originally from the Pinehurst and surrounding areas.  Somewhere down the line of my large family tree Raymond Floyd is a distant cousin of mine. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • slheinlein
    slheinlein Posts: 20
    Options
    I just got my egg a week ago so its still very new to me.  I can't really think of anything else I'd rather do for the day than cook something on the egg.  I am thinking about doing a brisket and just kicking back for the day.
    Large and MiniMax
    Mont Vernon, NH
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Couple of porterhouse steaks. +Beer. & 'taters. Green stuff from the garden.
  • Jah60
    Jah60 Posts: 29
    Options
    Congrats Matt on your first official Fathers Day!! Hope you enjoy it and many more to come! I'm also celebrating my first Fathers Day also, but as a Grandfather! Planning on doing a ton of ribs on the XL for the whole family. Don't know about anyone else but three things make me happy, spending time with my family, playing golf and cookin' on my BGE XL!
    BGE XL, BBQ Guru and Looftlighter Nazareth, PA