Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drones delivering BGE?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
I just received this...BTW it looks like a new Maxi Mini besides!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Wonder if it could deliver the xxl. Would make my dealer happy I'm sure
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    It does look like the mini max. That's funny.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    GERDS

Atlanta, Georgia USA (1 April 2014) – The Big Green Egg Company has announced that it has successfully tested a super capacity unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), more commonly known as a commercial drone, with the ability to enable it to offer same day home delivery of the new MiniMax EGG by August 2014.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I thought that was part of an April Fools gag the mothership did?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

It was an April Fools gag. Good thing the author did his/her research before writing the article! :-?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It was a gag, the heaviest duty commercial octocopter drones are limited to about a 10-12lb payload, and that cuts their flight time down to minutes.  Like picking up Onion articles as real news, another great example of lack of due diligence in reporting on MSN's part.
    Pentwater, MI
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I like this part:

A BBQ company in Atlanta has successfully tested a drone that will deliver its 30-pound MiniMax Egg grill starting in August, because as the company puts it, "When the urge to add a MiniMax to the collection strikes, we will just be hours away with a quick and secure delivery."

I wish it was that simple! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Here's the Harrier drone for future delivery of the XXL. Rest assured you'll know when he drops his payload off at your front door. =)) image
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    MiniMax $449.95
    20 lbs Big Green Egg Lump - $0.00 (no charge)
    Delivery: $58,476.00
    Options
    but what if you have Prime?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    @Carolina

In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    We will have to fine tune the Eggheads Map, don't want a stray Mini-Max winding up in the wrong backyard.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Mine arrived last week by drone.....
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    It got me at first!

XLBGE 
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    I just spent 3 hours making clearing landing area in my back yard and NOW you tell me it was a joke.
    :-O

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA