Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peoria Eggfest

Options
Attended today and met RRP and a whole lot of great Eggheads.  Learned a few tricks and shared some recipes and a little bit of Templeton Rye.  Very nice gathering and a great time.  Will be trying the recipes soon.  Thanks to everyone that made this such a nice event.
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Nice to meet you and Larry today! Thanks for driving over!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RICHIED777
    RICHIED777 Posts: 91
    Options
    That Rye was AWWWESOMMMME! It was a pleasure to meet you too! I'll be looking for that rye next year?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    So... no one in Illinois owns a camera?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    edited June 2014
    Options
    That Rye was AWWWESOMMMME! It was a pleasure to meet you too! I'll be looking for that rye next year?

You meant that large round loaf of Scottie's rye that didn't come off until about 2? It was good wasn't it? Or did BN bring something? Now I'm really confused!
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I had a bottle of Templeton Rye in my shoulder pack and was passing out samples.  It is a recreation of the original recipe of the prohibition bootleg rye whisky that Al Capone called the "Good stuff". A very interesting history behind it and the little town of Templeton in Western Iowa.  It is smooooth.
    Do a Google search on Templeton Rye and there is a lot of background on the brand.  I really enjoy some of the interviews with the old timers.  Distribution was restricted to Iowa for the first years of production, but has been spreading as the inventory increases.  Legend has it that Mr. Capone had cases of it delivered to him while he was in Alcatraz.  I tend to believe he might have been able to arrange that. Rich, I will be bringing it back next year.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • RRP
    Options
    I had a bottle of Templeton Rye in my shoulder pack and was passing out samples.  It is a recreation of the original recipe of the prohibition bootleg rye whisky that Al Capone called the "Good stuff". A very interesting history behind it and the little town of Templeton in Western Iowa.  It is smooooth.
    Do a Google search on Templeton Rye and there is a lot of background on the brand.  I really enjoy some of the interviews with the old timers.  Distribution was restricted to Iowa for the first years of production, but has been spreading as the inventory increases.  Legend has it that Mr. Capone had cases of it delivered to him while he was in Alcatraz.  I tend to believe he might have been able to arrange that. Rich, I will be bringing it back next year.

Thanks for clarifying...guess I better step up my act next year in the trade off of "this for that!" LOL
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    @RRP I think when we first met it wasn't 5:00 anywhere in the world.  I'll make sure to let you check it out next year or sooner if we meet at another fest.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa