Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's Cook

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
I have been feeling under the weather the last couple days and didn't feel like staying up all night to babysit a brisket (oldest son came home for the weekend and I promised him some brisky). So I decided to use Bludawg's (BBQ Brethren member) guideline for a turbo brisket. The 13# CAB choice brisket was injected with beef broth and rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops on Thursday night. I put it on at 8 this morning at 300 degrees F. Went 4 hours nekkid fat cap down, wrapped with butcher paper and put back on fat cap up for another 90 minutes. Pulled it, separated the point, cubed it, sprinkled a little more Black Ops and some SBR so that SWMBO could have her burnt ends. FTC'd the flat and will eat in a couple hours. Will also be having cole slaw, some smoked 5-cheese Mac & Cheese, and some ABT's. Will post some pics once plated.
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments