Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter Gone

Options
jrf316
jrf316 Posts: 55
So my woo2 came in yesterday.  I took it out to the patio anxious to see how it fit with the plate setter and grill come to find out the plate setter wasn't there.  Im like WTF!  where did it go.  Wife and kids weren't there so had to wait a bit to give the 3rd degree.  All said they never touch my stuff.  OK so now I'm thinking did I get ripped off?!?!?  But who would just want to steal a plate setter.  Would they even know what it is?  Very bizarre....
Visca Barca
Mes Que Un Club

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    My money is on someone broke it and threw it away to hide the evidence. But then I did have a four wheeler get stolen that had a brand new chainsaw on top if it. They set the saw off and rolled the four wheeler out (it didn't even run!)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • jrf316
    Options
    yeah thats what im thinking.  someone broke it.
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

• brock9281
    brock9281 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm scheduled to get my woo2 tomorrow and am also super stoked. Any suggestions on what to cook first...thinking something raised direct.
    Atlanta, GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    This sounds eerily familiar.  I have a storage room inside my garage. It has two door handles on the outside of the door. They are similar to the one pictured below. You don't even turn them. You just pull them open. 

Anyway I came home from work one day and one of the handles was gone. WTF??? 

I asked my wife and both kids about it. Of course no one had a clue of what happened. That has been over 6 months ago. I still don't have it and no one has admitted anything yet either. 

The crazy stuff that happens at home. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,836
    Options
    i dont know, it wasnt me
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jrf316
    Options
    brock9281 said:
    I'm scheduled to get my woo2 tomorrow and am also super stoked. Any suggestions on what to cook first...thinking something raised direct.
    im doing chicken
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Crazy. I just reached in my pant pocked for my wallet, and I pulled out a platesetter. Don't know how that happened, but how do you want it back?
    Dunedin, FL
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    I'm still about two or three years away from that. My girls are 5 and 9. Although the $400 remote control broke all by itself!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    This sounds eerily familiar.  I have a storage room inside my garage. It has two door handles on the outside of the door. They are similar to the one pictured below. You don't even turn them. You just pull them open. 

Anyway I came home from work one day and one of the handles was gone. WTF??? 

I asked my wife and both kids about it. Of course no one had a clue of what happened. That has been over 6 months ago. I still don't have it and no one has admitted anything yet either. 

The crazy stuff that happens at home. 
    Racoons?  :-?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    brock9281 said:
    I always cook my chicken raised direct and it comes out great. Raising it with the Woo lets it cook in the inside without burning the outside. That seems to work best for me.
    Clarendon Hills, IL