Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Raichlen Book and Grilled Salmon Steaks

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are loving the new Steven Raichlen book: BBQ BIBLE! SAUCES, RUBS...[p]Tonight we made a paste called "Berber". We are using it to marinate some sockeye salmon steaks (NOT filets) and then I will do a high temp grill on the mini. I am thinking on doing them about 4 minutes per side at about 550*. Any other ideas?[p]Fritz

Comments

• Fritz
    Options
    Wow! We packed the mini with 2#s of salmon steaks tonight. These were put on after the dome temp read 550*. We seared them for three minutes on each side and then let them dwell for another 6 minutes.[p]When they were put in the dome temp dropped to 350* immediately and stayed there for the rest of the cook. I am sure things were hotter on the grid though. Nice grill marks on the steaks. [p]The "Berber" paste was wonderful. It features cinnamon, pepper, coriander, cardamon, allspice, cloves, onions, olive oil, etc. Very nice.[p]Get Raichlen's new book. It rocks with the BGE.[p]Fritz
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Fritz, I didn't realize that he has a new book. What is the title? Julie

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    J Appledog, check out the link to Amazon. The title is Barbecue! Bible : Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes - ISBN: 0761119795 [p]Since I like the BBQ Bible so well, I just ordered this one.[p]
    [ul][li]Raichlen's Book[/ul]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Gfw,
    I LOVE his books. I'll have to get a copy! Thanks. JCA[p]

• Fritz
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]I see Gordan took care of it.[p]It's a marvelous book. In my humble opinion, a wonderful BGE companion.[p]Fritz