Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Testing Royal Oak vs Kroger Brand

Options
I know they are supposed to be the same but no Kroger on Naked Whiz so trying out the USA Royal Oak from HD.

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    I've been ordering that very same bag off Amazon. So far I've enjoyed using it and haven't had any problems. Can't beat the free shipping to my door for a decently priced bag of lump. Let us know what you think.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Options
    I don't know if RO makes Kroger brand. I've noticed Kroger sparks more than other brands I've tried, including RO.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I like Kroger lump if I can find it on sale. Last sale in these parts was around July 4th I think.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I really like the Kroger brand lump. It lights easily and burns a long time.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Hankyorke
    Options
    More smoke flavor than RO, IMO. I've had better luck with green bag RO from Menards than red bag from WalMart. Not sure if it's just dumb luck or a trend.

LBGE

BTFU!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Had good luck with the Kroger lump until around a year ago when the bags I got must have been tossed around like watermelons into a pool.  So, I have given it a pass since then but will give it another shot quite soon for hot&fast cooks.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    I like Kroger lump as well! I usually use RO but when I can't find it I buy Kroger. Never had any issues with it.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    I've used Kroger and it is ok. Gonna try Rockwood someday.....