Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork chop brine

Options
Hey guys have a question im gonna try brining for the first time on pork chops and was planning on using a simple brine I got frome you guys it is 1/2 cup kosher salt,1/4 cup brown sugar,and 2cups water question is do I have to boil the brine first or just mix it good and put chops in thanks in advance guys!!!

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited February 2014
    Options
    When you boil it the ingredients don't separate. If you do boil it make sure the brine has cooled or you'll start cooking whatever you throw in it. I usually just mix it all in a ziplock and throw in the meat. Much quicker and you have one less pan to clean up. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't brine all that often, but that seems like a salty blend. I'm wondering if you should boil the amounts you listed and then add ice cubes or water/liquid. I would think that with 1/2 cup salt, you'd want about 1/2 gallon of water/liquid.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle