Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help, I can't post

I'm trying to make a new discussion post on the main egghead forum and it is telling me that my post will be posted once approved.  I have had this problem before and it usually goes away in a day or so.  My posts are never posted but luckily they are in the 'My Drafts' folder and I can post them.  Is there something I can do about this?
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    That happened to me recently also. At the time I didn't notice it in My Drafts folder...now I see it there.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    This is now the third time it has happened to me and it is very frustrating. There seems to be no one in charge of the forum.  I tried everything I could think of last time this happened and had no luck contacting anyone that could help. I did contact 'Vanilla' which is the internet company that hosts the forum, but they refused to notify anyone of the problem.

I have a report of a great cook on my egg (with pictures) that I wanted to post but will have to wait.  I just hope the problem clears up quickly.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Are you trying to post on mobile or on home network? When this happened to me in the past on mobile I logged off, cleared cookies etc and signed back in. If you haven't already tried that give it a go. Good luck it can be frustrating.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Shiff
    I am posting from my desktop computer. I cleared everything but it didn't help. It's very strange that I can post to 'forum feedback' but not 'egghead forum'. The last time this happened I couldn't post anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    What you might try is starting your post with just some text and post it. Once you see that it successfully started your thread, edit the post and add in your pictures. Some folks who had the "approval" message got around it this way. This seems to happen more often with posts with links, pics, and even quotes.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    How do you put pictures "inline" with your post when using the "attach file" button?  Particularly from mobile devices.
    NOLA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Eggcelsior requires a "gift" before one can post.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Shiff
    R2Egg2Q said:
    What you might try is starting your post with just some text and post it. Once you see that it successfully started your thread, edit the post and add in your pictures. Some folks who had the "approval" message got around it this way. This seems to happen more often with posts with links, pics, and even quotes.
    Thank you, that worked fine.

I created a post with a small text only sentence and posted it. Then I edited it and added my original text and pictures.  I'll have to remember that next time it happens.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Shiff
    buzd504 said:
    How do you put pictures "inline" with your post when using the "attach file" button?  Particularly from mobile devices.
    I don't use the 'attach file' button. I use the 'insert image' button toward the right in the toolbar at the top of the posting text box.

I  upload my pictures to Photobucket, then click on the insert image button and use the link in the 'direct' box on Photobucket and paste it into the insert image box (clearing out the text it puts in).
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited February 2014
    I can do that on the computer, but not from my phone (if I'm using the mobile browser interface), and that's usually where my pictures are.  I guess I need to move the pictures.

Thanks.
    NOLA
  • Shiff
    buzd504 said:
    I can do that on the computer, but not from my phone (if I'm using the mobile browser interface), and that's usually where my pictures are.  I guess I need to move the pictures.

Thanks.
    I had trouble getting Photobucket to upload pictures from my computer. I kept getting HTTP errors.  So, I uploaded them from my phone and used my desktop computer to do the egghead forum stuff and write the post.  The phone is just too small to post anything of any size.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA