Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg for Travel Trailer

Does anyone have an Egg for their trailer? I would like to have one for camping but didn't know what size to get or the logistics of transporting and setting up.
XL BGE Katy, TX (otherwise known as Far West Houston)

Comments

• I've been considering the same thing. I am thinking about a mini.... 
    Large Big Green Egg, Griffin Georgia 
  • tmas
    tmas Posts: 35
    I would really like a medium, but don't know if that would be too heavy to transport and don't know where I would keep it when I'm driving down the road.
  • @tmas
    If you want an egg dedicated for traveling, then I wouldn't go above a small.  The mini is probably your best option, just due to size alone.

How many people do you anticipate cooking for when traveling?
    Texas Aggie transplanted in Georgia
    Large BGE, Small BGE, more accessories than I'm willing to tell the Mrs. about.

• dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    We want a mini for our 5th wheel. Hope they start producing the Egg Carten again!
  • tmas
    Cooking for a minimum of 4, but usually more. Want to be able to do briskets, chickens, pizzas...
  • Several eggers have smalls in their trailers.   My small has feed 4 adults and an a very hungry teenage, you just have to plan your cooks.  Heck, the mini has been used to do a full meals for 4 adults.   
    Medium is pretty heavy and will take up some room.  
    If you go with a small put your name in the hat for a Egg Carten made by Scott, he is on the forum and so are his parents. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    I take my large fairly often.  Just take the dome off, take the insides out and set it in the back of the the truck along with the nest.  I can have it unloaded and ready to cook on in 30 minutes or less.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • tmas
    The website says a small can cook 4 burgers, that seems really small!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    tmas said:

The website says a small can cook 4 burgers, that seems really small!

The website underestimates our creativity.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker