Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant depot

Options
Cookinbob
Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
I know some of you shop at Restaurant Depot.  there is one about 60 miles away I would like to check out.  I have a sales tax resale certificate, but am not in the food business at all. Does anyone know if they care what business I am in to grant membership?
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    They don't care. I have a membership and I am in healthcare. They don't ask the reason...
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • dmarois
    dmarois Posts: 52
    Options
    yup they switched it a while back I was there yesterday and my buddy asked the lady to confirm. We then went on to get busted at the border with a trunk full of cheese 
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You are right.  They gave me the card.  Now I know where I can find a full packer brisket and butts by the case.  Also some choice cuts where my locals have mostly select.   Sorry to say they did not have pork bellies which is what I was looking for today.   Also they have Royal Oak 17 lb bags for about $11, so I will be buying that when I get low.

It is an hour away in Buffalo, but I am there regularly on business. I'll be shopping there
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • dmarois
    dmarois Posts: 52
    Options
    yup thats the same one that I go to. generally good deals on shoulders as well as ribs as well
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I just joined KCBS for the RD privileges. My closest is about an hour away as well.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    dmarois said:
    yup they switched it a while back I was there yesterday and my buddy asked the lady to confirm. We then went on to get busted at the border with a trunk full of cheese 
    Things sure ain't the way they used to be. Have you ever been arrested? What did you get kid? I didn't get nothin' I had to pay the HST on the cheese. They all moved away from me on the bench there and the hairy eyeball and all kinda stuff....

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Birmingham had choice packers (about 10) on the clearance bin for $2/lb today.
  • Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    dmarois said:
    Things sure ain't the way they used to be. Have you ever been arrested? What did you get kid? I didn't get nothin' I had to pay the HST on the cheese. They all moved away from me on the bench there and the hairy eyeball and all kinda stuff....
    Was that the group "W" bench?
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    One of my buddies gave me his card and I made a copy.

Picked up a brisket for tomorrow. ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @cazzy-Given your recent brisket adventures thru the holy grail you are putting quite a high bar up there to get over.  But since for me the enjoyment is the cook then I'm sure it will be a most eggcellent adventure.  I can't imagine coming down off the brisket high you have eggsperienced and being even close to grounded-even with the BGE!  Enjoy the cook! 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2014
    Options
    lousubcap said:

@cazzy-Given your recent brisket adventures thru the holy grail you are putting quite a high bar up there to get over.  But since for me the enjoyment is the cook then I'm sure it will be a most eggcellent adventure.  I can't imagine coming down off the brisket high you have eggsperienced and being even close to grounded-even with the BGE!  Enjoy the cook! 

Yeah, I honestly have a whole new perspective on BBQ as I went through my 12 hour unplanned boot camp. All the questions I have had in my head for the past two years have been answered. I'm not using a probe for tomorrow's brisket cook and will go all by feel.

Late March, I will get more training in so I plan to heavily experiment until then. My next step is to acquire a offset stick burner as Tuesday reaffirmed that this is definitely something I want to do professionally.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    So if you join KCBS you get One-day shopping pass at any Restaurant Depot location when you present your KCBS membership card...can it only be used once and then you are done?   
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    lwrehm said:

So if you join KCBS you get One-day shopping pass at any Restaurant Depot location when you present your KCBS membership card...can it only be used once and then you are done?   

Nope. You can use it as much as you want. Each time you go in you get a day pass.