Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New adjustable rig!!

Options
I got my adjustable rig combo and woo2 in today. It's going to be fun to cook on. Also got the 16" wok. Wanted to try some stir fry. Anybody have any pointers on setups and cool thing so do? I would have put picture on but my egg is frozen shut. Pictures will definitely be following once I get cooking!

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I got mine a few months ago and I love it. It is so versatile. My tip is to think about your cook and which set up is best. You also do want to move cross bars and grate settings while they are hot. You can, its just easier while they are cool.  
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'm assuming you got the spider to use with the wok? No matter what you got makes the egg so more versatile. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Jwright11
    Options
    I got the woo. They told me on the phone the woo was more versatile and the wok works with it.
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    Get the Rig extender with the sliding rack, you won't be sorry. It gives just a little bit more room and the sliding grid makes getting to the middle very easy.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This worked this past weekend. Oval stone setting on flipped over spider. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    @Mickey - did you have to swap the top and bottom racks during the cook? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:
    @Mickey - did you have to swap the top and bottom racks during the cook? 

I thought no on such a short cook but I did only top to bottom at one hour. Talked to Tom on Monday to see if needed to do and next time will do the top to bottom as well as change frt to back per Tom.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• shadowcaster
    Options
    @Mickey what is the advantage of using the spider with the AR? I have an AR for my large and have been contemplating getting the spider. Does it give you more cooking room of just raise the rig up a little further?
    Pure Michigan
  • Mickey
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Nothing to do with the rig. It has a low and flip it over a high height. Both used as a place to put stones for indirect cooks or grates for cooking very hot and fast ( thinking about 1100 at the lump ). Or put your cast iron pan and put the very best seer ever on a steak. Also by putting your stone on the spider it gets to where you can use three levels to cook with your AR.

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Thanks Mickey!

@JWright11 sorry for hijacking your thread, back to the topic at hand...
    Pure Michigan
  • dfrelich
    dfrelich Posts: 104
    Options
    Jwright11 said:
    I got the woo. They told me on the phone the woo was more versatile and the wok works with it.
    I look forward to seeing the pictures of how you set up the rig and woo.  Alongside the wok.   I've got woo and was thinking of getting the rig but have not done so.  I just wonder about the fit inside the dome with the rig and woo. 

I bought the woo because I need not to lift out the grill and plate setter when I need to add more lump into the fire when need be.  
    X-Large & Large
    Frederick County, MD
  • Mickey
    Options
    Thanks Mickey!

You apologized for hijacking the thread. Don't do that or the rest of us low rent people will feel bad.

Oh, I just did it.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Thanks, Mickey.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Thanks Mickey!

You apologized for hijacking the thread. Don't do that or the rest of us low rent people will feel bad.

Oh, I just did it.

I won't let it happen again  ;)

btw should I get the spider? haha
    Pure Michigan