Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

beef short rib stew

No big deal. Sher-bear wanted stew and I had the ribs so I used them. Basic stew. She and my mil loved it. The meat fell off the bone while cooking. Only a few pics. I cheated and used my stove top eye in the cave for the first steps and then 2.5 hours in the egg.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
    Recipe for stew? That looks super good.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Good looking stew... Perfect for weather like this
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,746
    I will eat that
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Travis I lost the recipe online. I have it printed and can send you a pic tomorrow. Basic deal.

I cooked bacon for the sear but did add it
    S & on ribs and sear all sides and remove
    Onions, carrots, 2 8oz portobello packs....sweat then stir in 3 tbls of AP flour till smooth. Then add 2 cups each low sodium chicken broth and red wine and 5 sprigs of rosemary. ..I used Mccormick
    It didn't call for them but at this point I added 4 medium sized taters
    Cook down 10-15 then add the ribs. I submerged them. Covered then into the egg on the ps @ 350 for 2.5 hrs. I lowered the temp late to keep it from boiling.

I was surprised when I got ready to serve to see the bones were clean. Trim off as much fat as you can. I add fresh cut corn 1 hour out. Okra would be good. I added 1 more 50/50 cup of broth-wine. At the last hour I took the lid off to thicken it some.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    edited January 2014
    That looks amazing. Carl Weathers would be proud (Arrested Development).

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,718
    Dude, that looks great.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Excellent choice for meat, bet it was awesome

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe