Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck breast for dinner

Had a fun morning.
Lynnwood WA
image.jpg 1013.5K

Comments

• A Widgeon and a Grey! Fine eating! :D
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    I just took 8 big Canada goose breasts off the egg. Hit em with Swamp Venom, a few minutes per side at 300 direct and BAM! Good on ya for getting the little guy involved.
  • Nice! I don't think I've ever heard of a grey, but most of what comes through WA makes its way down to CA. Do they go by an alternate name as well?

Cheers, and enjoy!
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    It was 3 Widgeons. The little guy kept a foot and a wing. Helped clean and breast them and all he wants to do is come hunting.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Couldn't tell if it was a Widgeon hen or a Gadwall. A Grey duck is what we call Gadwalls down here.
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Nice hunt.
    Pretty retriever.  If my dog get her mouth on one of the ducks, all that would be left is feathers. 
    :o3
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • double
    Oh boy this ranks in my top egg meals ever. Marinated the breasts in Italian dressing, wrapped in home made bacon grilled direct on the small at about 375. Delicious !!!
    Lynnwood WA
  • looks like you cooked them perfect, still juicy and pink! I have some duck and goose in the freezer that I will take out soon to throw on the Egg! Good cook and great hunt, can't wait for my almost 2 year old boy to get old enough to take out! Good times and memories is what it is all about, and shooting some birds! haha
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • double

looks like you cooked them perfect, still juicy and pink! I have some duck and goose in the freezer that I will take out soon to throw on the Egg! Good cook and great hunt, can't wait for my almost 2 year old boy to get old enough to take out! Good times and memories is what it is all about, and shooting some birds! haha

Thanks, the boy is 5 he can't wait till he is old enough to do his hunters ed. He was so excited helped clean them and demolished it as soon as it left the grill.
    Lynnwood WA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Those look great!  How long did you cook them for and to what IT?  A friend of mine was telling me he has done duck whole ducks beer can chicken style.  Have you ever tried that?  I would imagine your would have to brine and soak them for a while to get most of the blood out on the wild birds.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• double
    I did it till 160 not sure how long they were on I was to busy talking to my neigbor. I soaked them in salt water overnight then left them in Italian dressing during the day and wrapped them in bacon. I did a whole duck beer can style on Saturday that was a commercial raised duck though and very different but turned out good.
    Lynnwood WA