Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf is on

It has been a while since I have done a meatloaf, so here we go.
LBGE And MINI Egg

Comments

• Willing to share the recipe? I love meatloaf but my wife is not a big fan, maybe doing it on the Egg will change her mind...

Cheers!

Chris
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Greetings fellow St. Louis resident. The first time I did a meatloaf I used this recipe which I found here. 1-1/4 lb ground chuck 1/4 lb ground pork 3 slices toasted, crumbled bread 1 medium, sweet onion 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped 1/2 cup finely grated carrot 2 cloves of garlic, minced 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese 1 egg 2/3 cup milk Salt and pepper Worcestershire Topping: 1/4 cup ketchup 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon mustard Mix all the ingredients (minus the topping) and combine in a meatloaf pan that's lined with saran wrap. Let the loaf set up in the fridge for a hour or two and get the egg stabilized around 260 and set up for indirect cooking on an elevated grid. Add smoke - I used mostly hickory and one chunk of mesquite for extra flavor. Then, use then use the saran wrap to remove the loaf from the pan and place it directly on the grid. At 260-275, it was finished in about 3 hours and 20 minutes. Rest, slice, and enjoy. I found that the above recipe had to much onion for my taste and I like onion. Today I kind of strayed away from what is listed above and kind of made my own. We will see how it turns out. I am cooking it indirect at about 375. I will post pics when complete.
    LBGE And MINI Egg
  • Turned out awesome
    LBGE And MINI Egg
  • Looks nice, thanks for the details.
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Thanks so much for sharing, it will be added to the queue of what to cook! Hope you have a great holiday season, looking forward to my first Christmas dinner with an Egg...
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • You are welcome. Hope you and your family enjoy some great holiday meals on the egg!
    LBGE And MINI Egg
  • Looks mighty good, meatloaf is one of my favorites off the egg!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe