Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new 'nest'

Options
2»

Comments

• rprice54
    Options
    Sketchup exports. Can't post the model here apparently. Mitered cuts are at 22.5 degrees. I had to rip the front of the pentagon area on my table saw, the rest could be done with a miter saw. The felt/hardiboard/stone add about 1.5" to the sides. I would make the island first, and then measure for your granite. I have the granite on the pentagon part flush with the sides but overhanging the front and back 1.5" (plus another 1.5 for the stonework, so the granite is 3" longer than the wood frame). The tops for the sides overhang the stone 1.5" (3" more than wood) all around except near the egg, only 0.5" (2" more than wood) there. I cut an umbrella hole as well on the right side.

I used hardiboard for the shelves, bottom side up, and painted with exterior paint to match the stone.
  • ChuckChampion
    Options
    From the looks of it you upgraded everything around your egg also. The porch, fencing, landscaping all looks to be different.  It all looks nicely done!
  • rprice54
    rprice54 Posts: 39
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I should mention the back angle is 45 degrees to fit the corner on the deck. 

Under construction pics. I added thin strips between along the outsides not shown in the model for attaching the hardiboard to keep it from flexing.

Chuck- we have. We've put a lot of time and effort (and $$$) into the backyard. We try to spend as much time back there as we can and wanted a space we could enjoy.