Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to reheat Boston Butt?

Options
Holepuncher
Holepuncher Posts: 388
Things did not go as planned, butt done wayyyyy  to early.What is the best way to re-heat? Have about 30 guests coming over. Not able to put in cooler........ 
Hendersonville, TN.

Comments

• Coastalcooker
    Options
    Wrap in towels, put in turned off oven, microwave, anything to help hold a little heat.. Better too early than a half hour too late.
    Bob
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• Holepuncher
    Options
    Thanks for the input, cooked quicker than I thought.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • gdub16
    gdub16 Posts: 14
    Options
    Little late but wrap in foil, then a towel put it in cooler.  If it is right out of the oven you can go about four hours or so.  Some say five but I am little conservative when comes to poising my guests :)  It will still be very warm even after four hours.  If it is pulled  pork soak in apple juice warm at 200 for about hour.  

Cheers

gdube 
  • Holepuncher
    Options
    Gdub16 thanks. The guests liked it but I thought it was too dry.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • CoolBees
    Options
    I have frozen cooked butts whole and reheated with grest success by thawing, breaking into baseball size chunks (not shredded yet), place in aluminum foil pan with 1/2cup apple juice /1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, cover with foil and in the oven at 225-250 for an hr or so.  If its too late for FTC method (which also works), give this a try.