Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lazzari mesquite

Options
Ordered this bag from GFS. Opened it to find these 3 chunks on top. First time using it.
I could smell the difference. Been using WGWW,but now that Ace is out. I bought it more because of the price. 40# for $20.

Hope my poppers and then chicken breasts taste ok.  

Tried a Shiner Bock today also. Pretty good.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Comments

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Well here's my take. Sparked like crazy. Seemed forever to get up to temp. Then went hot, yet could control it. Smoked the entire time,it never went clear. My chicken looked like it had soot on it. 
    I'm glad the taste wasn't overpowering

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Maizeandbrew18
    Options
    GK59 said:
    Well here's my take. Sparked like crazy. Seemed forever to get up to temp. Then went hot, yet could control it. Smoked the entire time,it never went clear. My chicken looked like it had soot on it. 
    I'm glad the taste wasn't overpowering
    I have since dropped Lazzari and switched to Royal Oak.  Lazzari isn't bad by any means but it does spark quite a bit, takes time to get up to temperature ad it ashes a ton.  I also don't like the sizes - tons of large chunks and small pieces.  Royal Oak has been better for me.
    Large BGE
    Lexington, SC
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options

Weekend cooks update.

Did BBs on Saturday. Dome temp never went above 375* with both vent wide open for 2.5 hrs. Yet the bowl and ring were white like a clean burn. Did burgers yesterday after waiting almost 30 mins to get to 350* .Lots of ash. Had the smokey flavor but the coals smoke through the entire cook. Thought the FD was going to show up.

I think I'll mix what is left with a bag of RO (GFS labeled). Got to say I won't get another bag.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI