Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Chimichanga (Leftover Brisket idea)

Options
I smoked a small packer brisket for competition practice yesterday, 10 lbs before trimming. 

Injected with beef broth and Bragg's liquid aminos.  Rub was pepper/salt/garlic based.

Did low/slow at 250f with hickory/cherry for the smoke.

Tonight I needed a quick dinner after my son's football practice so I warmed up the burned ends in some au jus and then diced them.  Put it in a tortilla with Mexican rice, cheese, black olives, and green onion then deep fried it. 

Topped it with some queso and we were in business!

It was a lot better than just driving through Taco Bell ;)
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    That looks and sounds fabulous, nice work.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    Options
    Nice use of leftovers. I will hv to post a pic of mrs ragu's leftover steak nachos. She Uses lime juice, garlic and onion to wake up the leftover steak. Seems Mexican food is well suited for making into leftovers
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Delish Tell me about your queso @Nibble
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • hartofatiger
    Options
    Beauty!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Hell yeah!! That looks liek some mighty fine eats. Way better than Toxic Hell.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    @Chubbs - I cheated this time.  We don't get home from football practice until 9pm, so I used a jarred queso this time.

Normally I do a simple 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, saute some finely diced onions/peppers, add in 1 Tbsp AP flour until a roux forms.  Then pour in half and half or cream by sight, but about 1 to 1 1/2 cup and bring to a slow simmer.  Add in shredded monterey jack cheese.  Season with salt, pepper and a little taco seasoning.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @Chubbs - I cheated this time.  We don't get home from football practice until 9pm, so I used a jarred queso this time.

Normally I do a simple 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, saute some finely diced onions/peppers, add in 1 Tbsp AP flour until a roux forms.  Then pour in half and half or cream by sight, but about 1 to 1 1/2 cup and bring to a slow simmer.  Add in shredded monterey jack cheese.  Season with salt, pepper and a little taco seasoning.

Noted. Thank you sir.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013