Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Resetting the Palate...As plain as it gets chicken

Options
wdan
wdan Posts: 261
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have been on a fundamental flavor re-entrenchment kick lately. No rubs, no heavy spices, no sauces, no nothin' but the flavor of the Egg. I did 16 chicken legs and 2 breasts tonight. Raised grid, 350-375 dome about an hour. Salt and Morton's Nature's Seasons on top of an EVOO slathering was the only seasoning...my other objective was to produce perfectly finished skin...lightly and uniformly browned, crispy, no burns. All objectives achieved (for the first time in a long time). 2 adults, 3 kids consumed all 16 legs...the breasts were put on later and came off after the feeding frenzy was already over.[p]All in all, an interesting break from all the complexities we (I) tend to add over time. Reminded me of Northern Italian food where they use simple combinations of 3 to 4 flavors max in any dish and let the "virginity" of it all speak for itself. BGE meets northern Italy. Ming Tsai, where are you? I've got my Italian Classics and Dean Martin CD's queued up ready to go!

Comments