Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks to Dr. BBQ's Tri Tip

Options
Havana Daydreamin
Havana Daydreamin Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was in Costco here in Atlanta and finaly found a Tri Tip roast. I bought the roast and then immediately went to Barnes and Noble and bought Dr BBQ's cookbook (on the advise of many of you on this web site). The results were fantastic! This was one of the most enjoyable cooks I have had since buying my egg. I cannot believe this particular roast is so hard to find. I have since read the book cover to cover and am ready to try something else this weekend. Any suggestions for 2 whole chickens?

Comments

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Options
    Havana Daydreamin',
    If you want smething simple, we enjoyed DrBBQ's beer can chicken.

• WVU-Egg
    WVU-Egg Posts: 101
    Options
    Havana Daydreamin',
    I have bought the roast at Costco and also the steaks. The steaks are just cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. Those are also very good!!! If you need a meal in a hurry and want a great steak get these and rub with cow lick and then just cook them high temps, fast. Doesn't take long for these to get to medium rare. And goodness.........they are awesome. My son just loves them. [p]His favorite were filets and now he loves these tri tip steaks. So it's saving me $$ as well.

• SmokingInMO
    Options
    Havana Daydreamin',[p]Tri Tip roast is by far my favorite, have been cooking it for about 6 or 7 years now. No idea whay in some parts of the country it is so hard to find but it is a shame. Nothing better then a tri tip roast and a nice Santa Maria rub. I love it
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Havana Daydreamin',[p]Thank you. I hadn't thought about that recipe in a long time, but then I saw your post and then later I was at the cookoff in Grant, Florida and saw some old friends that had tried the same recipe for dinner earlier. They said thanks for the great recipe, but were sorry they didn't have any leftovers.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ