Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Egg and nest question

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know the height of the small egg in a small nest? Does the nest put the cooking grate at a reasonable level to cook on without bending over to much? [p]Thanks
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    One of my smalls is in a nest. The opening (not the grid sitting on the fire ring) is 28.5 inches above the floor.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • OctoberGlory
    Options
    The cooking grate on my small egg in the nest with casters is 25" from the ground. I'm over 6' and it is a tad bit low, but not bad. The big plus is that I can easily look in the top and see how the cook is progressing.

When ever I get around to building a table for my small and large egg I'll set them so I can easily look in the top of both.

OctoberGlory
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I just saw your Way Cool Technicolor Barbecue Cart. Now that is the way I am going to go. Thanks for so many ideas and suggestions!!!!

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.