Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Crack at Beef Ribs

I don't have many cooks on the egg under my belt, so I still have a lot of "firsts" ahead of me. But, today was my first attempt at ribs (of any kind). Seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Cooked raised indirect. Used hickory chunks for a little smoke. Total cook time was 3 hrs. My target dome temp was 300 but I had my problems getting a stable temperature. I thought I had it holding steady but at the 1 hr mark it had dropped to 250. Slowly raised it back 300 and it held pretty close to that the rest of the way. Added some sauce for the last 15 min or so. Thermapen readings ranged between 195 and 205. We were hungry so we pulled them, sliced them up ( no rest period) and ate. Served them with fried corn, potato salad, deviled egg and fruit. The ribs were meaty, moist and flavorful. However, I lost points on tenderness. Next time, I will allow more time to cook and add a little rest period. All in all, not a bad first attempt. I'm embarrassed to post these poor quality photos, but they're all I've got.

Comments