Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grid lifter/placer

2»

Comments

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited June 2013
    You know, when we do find an acceptable tool to do this, we need to do a group buy. Almost everyone needs this. Some one fashioned one out of a rebar and looked HD. Maybe we can have a fabricator do this in a lot.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    I use my ash tool.

• CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Grid tongs are cheap and much safer.  You want to grab the hot grids with something that will hold them securely and safely.  Channel locks are good, but I leave them in my toolbox where they really belong.  They don't look good hanging on my cart.  A piece of bar stock is not very secure and a slip can easily occur.  Safety is always the number one component of any job or recreational activity.
    I do believe I am with you on this.  Been using some channel locks and while they work good I had a hot grid swing in the channel lock and hit my arm.  Luckily wasn't burned but it could have been quite painful.  The grid tongs that BGE sells seem to hold the grid securely and will keep it from shifting.