Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you like pepper stout beef, try this- pepperocini ale beef(pics)

Options
My father-in-law hails from Chicago and loves hot italian beef so I decided to take the Pepper Stout Beef from WolfePit.  I bought a 4 lb chuck, cut it in half to get more bark and cook faster.  Smothered in Montreal Seasoning, smoked for about 2 hours with hickory(270 dome), until it hit an IT of 165.  I then added it to a pan with a 16 oz jar of whole peppercinis and a Sierra Neveda (i highly recommend drinking the other 5).  Sorry pics are sideways.  

I then covered it with aluminum foil and let it get to an IT of 205(still done of 270).  Shredded it and put it back on the egg and bumped the temp to 350 to reduce the liquid for 45 minutes.  Below is the finished product.   

I used some ciabatta rolls and and served with hash brown casserole and wavy lays.  The family loved it.  Has some kick to it but was out of this world good.  

Here is my sandwich...

Here is my brother in laws with a hash brown casserole base and potato chips on top...

LBGE
Zionsville, IN
1.JPG 127.2K
2.JPG 176.8K
3.JPG 159.1K
4.JPG 114K
5.JPG 118.2K

Comments