Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Dinner: Flank steak

Options
Tonights dinner had to be easy.  Its Dance Recital weekend in our household and we Costco lime cilantro marinated flank steak fit the bill!  So did Vidalia Cucumber salad and Garlic Rosemary New Potatoes (cooked on the grill of course)!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• DomCal
    DomCal Posts: 31
    Options
    I love flank steak and that one looks great!!
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    The steak looks great - tell me about that cuke salad??
  • yellowdogbbq
    yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
    Options
    Looks great, nicely done!
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    Flankalicious. I've been on a flank binge lately myself.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Flank-o-pottamus!!! The force must be strong in you to roll out with no temp probe!
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    @charlie_tuna the cuke salad was one half vidalia onion cut thin on a mandolin.  Then the cuke was a whole seedless cuke peeled then sliced thin on the thinnest setting for my mandolin.  Its a pampered chef one.  I then added it to a stainer with some salt.  I just eyeball it.  And let it sit in the sink for at least 20 minutes.  Shake it vigorously to get the extra water out.  Pour it into a nonreactive stainless steel bowl with 2 parts white vinegar.  And 1 part water.  Then let it sit in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.

@Spaightlabs I've been doing this a while.  Its been several years since I used a temp probe for a cook like this.  I still use my Thermapen to check final temps no matter what cook I do!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options
    I love flank and yours looks to be cooked perfectly!
    Maumelle, Arkansas