Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuck Salmon

This is probably a dumb question, but I will be smoking some Salmon tonight at 220

Last time it stuck some, and lost the skin to the grill.   This time, Mrs fastcar bought skinless

I was going to be liberal with some EVOO on both the Salmon and the grill.  Any other sughestion or advice ?

Thanks

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Parchment for a while til the skin starts to lose oil and then pull.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Bearlodge
    Bearlodge Posts: 45
    Pam works well. Used it last night.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    look into getting a frogmat. Not very expensive, and works great. I think Big Poppa Smokers carries them as well as some other places (I'm not affiliated with BPS in any way). 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited May 2013

I have one but I have never seen them up here. They are great but I think you would have to get it online.

They do have a Cdn site

http://www.frogmats.ca/

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    stike would say if it is stuck its not ready to flip or move.  i usually just sacrifice the skin to the bbq gods if it sticks.
  • jimfastcar
    jimfastcar Posts: 88
    Ordered a frogmat, thanks For today I will use EVOO and make the best of it as it is skinless Last batch flew out the door !
  • cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    I have used parchment and frogmats, both work well.  EVO always helps...on just about everything.  Just as a note, the frogmats were available in different shapes / styles.  I got the ?? large squarish, thinking that I could overlap without problem.  They work well.

I also use cedar planks with good result, as long as they are soaked prior to cook.  And if you want to splurge, the large salt blocks work very well with all types of cooks, fish, chick, veggies.  Well, thats my input....
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)