Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Apology for Mr. Cooking Nurse

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
Nurse, this is a public apology for posting your KY Jelly picture a week or so ago. It was uncalled for and immature. 

Also, please do not take any "friction" personal. It is nothing against you. I, nor many others on here, do not know you and will more than likely never will gel with you. It is simply because your jelly was 1. Not my brand 2. I truly dislike the way it feels. 

Just a small piece of advice I'd like to give you, your first post on a number of people's sliding attempts is: 

"I like to apply my jelly this way" 
"That is wrong because you will continue to have friction" 

You say that you like to pour jelly on newbs because you want them to slide in the right direction, but because of bad technique, it causes some of us to reapply jelly and usually does come across as an awkward situation for a newb that is normally great at sliding and would lead most newbs not to slide because they are applying lube "your way". 

I'm not calling you out, but posting this publicly to just try and ease some of the friction I have caused you and give you some insight into how I and others like to apply our jelly. 

You have some great , great advice, and are a good resource for rubbing newbs, but at times come across as the spokesman for KY Jelly and you appear not to see why some of us disagree with your brand. 

Fwiw, I truly mean this as a help toward a fellow luber, an apology, and a treaty to slide on forward. 

KCLO!
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments