Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Turbo Rib Recipe

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
I want to try turbo ribs on a rack of baby back ribs...what's worked best for you?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Turbo master is @Mickey.  Others may have acquired the knack-hopefully they will be along soon.  Try the search function-that topic gets a lot of play here.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I tried copying a technique someone posted a week or so ago with babybacks this past week.  I did my normal wet/dry rubs, and then 1.25hr bones up indirect at 350F, 1.25hr bones down indirect at 350F.  Then sauce and finish.

I wasn't paying close enough attention, and the heat got a little higher than I'd wanted, and they looked a little charred...but that seems to be common for BBQ when the rub has sugar in it.  They tasted great.  Not fall off the bone...but I've never seen that with ribs without foiling/boating.

The time before this, I did pretty much the car wash Mike's technique...and I think that was better...but not so much that I wouldn't turbo again if time was an issue.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Turbo Baby Back Ribs (Sorry but I can't remember who I got this from.)
    350 indirect for 1hr 40 min.
    Pull membrane , rub. Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. I opened 15 min early and sauced my half rack. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs.
    Note: with or w/o mustard works .. I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.