Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swamp Venom Ribs... Oh H_ll Yeah

Options
KySmoker
KySmoker Posts: 22
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did some babybacks saturday and realized I was out of the basic rub that i usually use. I whipped out the turbinado sugar, brown sugar in equal amounts, added some course ground black pepper and some sea salt and rubbed em down. After that i gave em a good dusting of Swamp Venom just for giggles. Did em indirect 3-1-1 style and sprayed em with apple juice and a little vinegar. They were unbelievable. If i had a frozen drink machine for the wife, I would never have to eat out again. Dizzy Pig,Thanks for the awesome rubs. [p]KySmoker

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thank YOU! We'll keep the grinders grindin. Cool hearing what folks are shaking the stuff on. Amazing how the intense peppery heat in that rub mellows out with the longer cooks. Did the ribs still have a little spicy kick??[p]I guess the frozen drink machine goes on the holiday shopping list?
    Cheers man
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KySmoker
    KySmoker Posts: 22
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]The sugars in the rub offset a lot of the kick but it still had a great taste. Yeah and I guess a drink machine for her and a BBQ guru for me. I need a digital camera so I can post some pics but you gotta have your priorities straight. Guru or Camera, real tough choice.[p]KySmoker
  • wingfoot
    wingfoot Posts: 95
    Options
    KySmoker,[p]I did three racks of babybacks on Saturday. I used the swamp venom on one of them. Man, were they good..... just the right amount of kick. Next time, it's gonna be swamp venom on every rack.[p]Mike