Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I love my Big Green Egg

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
I was just standing outside, soaking in this gorgeous day and enjoying the fragrant swirls of whiskey barrel oak smoke circling out of the daisy wheel. Then I observe my neighbor in his yard walking towards his gasser. I'm seeing a lot of smoke......he opens the lid, a plume of smoke hits him in the face, he yells "DAMN IT!!!" and storms back inside. Guess he burned whatever he was grilling. I remember those days....sick feeling when you hafta order takeout after burning supper. Feel bad for the dude. I can't remember the last time I've screwed anything up on the grill. I'm thinking that's due to the near perfect design of the Big Green Egg. I love my Egg.... :)

Comments

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options

I have to agree with you on all accounts.

I have to say I did some of the moistest chicken breasts just an hour ago. I wish I had bought the egg years back. I'll never catch up.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I made some chicken lollipops (inspired by you I think). Put them on and went about doing some stuff in the yard. Came back to check temps and the egg was rock steady. Chicken was done. Despite cooking them skinless, juice came gushing out like a little geyser where I poked the meat with the therm! I don't think I've ever seen that happen before.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    My very first " low and slow " was an over night boston butt. I remember locking my LBGE in at 250 dome and that thing holding steady ALL night long! I had my maverick in to monitor all the temps and I never had to adjust it till about 7 o clock the next morning! I had came from a gasser and a cheap brinkman charcoal grill. After my first low and slow it was like I had lost my virginity! I was shocked! Still am every time I cook on it!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Owossoegger
    Options
    I agree. When I'm not using it, I just look out the window and stare at it. Just finished up a #3 butt. Hooked up my igrill, set it at 275, and relaxed for a few hours. Now that's efficient cooking.
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options

I agree. When I'm not using it, I just look out the window and stare at it. Just finished up a #3 butt. Hooked up my igrill, set it at 275, and relaxed for a few hours. Now that's efficient cooking.
    I do the same thing about just looking at the egg...glad I'm not the only one. 
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Love the egg too. Gone r those gasser days!. Grilling on the egg has upped my game, thanks to a lot of you on this forum. Plus it is just a way more fun to plan and  try something new, there are so many variables. :D
    Large, small, and a mini
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    I just did some ribs while drinking with neighbors. It is nice having the egg
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Then enlightened in the BGE cult and those who grill in despair.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    I was at Home Depot today and I saw a guy trying to load a gasser he just bought in the back of his SUV.  All I could think of was "SAVE YOURSELF...return it and buy an egg!"
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    egger ave said:
    meant to say "The enlightened in BGE cult know the secret, others grill in despair."

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    egger ave said:
    egger ave said:
    meant to say "The enlightened in BGE cult know the secret, others grill in despair."

They don't grill in despair.  They are cooking on inferior equipment and don't know any better.  Poor dumb bastards. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
    I talk to it - her name is Theresa - just like my first M-60 machine gun.  Theresa never burns anything.  
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    I sometimes miss an offset smoker, then I crank p the egg and forget about it.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    @dyal_sc I could only imagine how this post would go on another forum.  LMFAO :)
    Large BGE

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options
    Funny thing is, whatever you screw up on the Egg is still probably better than what most people are eating.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Egg Love! My neighbor came over yesterday and asked when the Eggtoberfest was so he can buy an Egg, told him October he said "don't know if I can wait that long"

Johns Creek, Georgia