Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally ordered the CyberQ

Options
Cant wait to get it in and get smoking. I chose it over the digiq because of the 2 extra probes. Probes are $25 each. The difference in price was minimal when you figure that in. Now I can smoke in my sleep and not worry.

Comments

• Griller
    Griller Posts: 88
    Options
    Grats Andy. My wife thought I was crazy when we bought ours but we had a surprise snow storm blow through the DFW area during a night we were smoking a pork butt for a party we were hosting the next day. The cyberQ kept the grill temp at a constant 225 the whole time and it saved our main course. She has been sold ever since. 

My probes can be a bit finicky from time to time (not being detected, causing a false alarm) but that usually happens at the beginning of the cook and reseating the connections to the box seem to do the trick. Other than that, it has been a nice tool to have for those overnight cooks.

• Andymizunogolfer
    Options
    So do I foil the temp wires? Food and grate?
  • Griller
    Griller Posts: 88
    Options
    Some folks do but I generally do not.