Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk chicken

Options
Anyone have a good jerk spatchcock chicken recipe?

Comments

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    I've never done a whole bird before. I use pieces, and slashing them is an important part of marinating them. I prefer wings and drums. Spatchcock will probably work fine as long as you allow the marinade paste to penetrate the skin. I used to make my own marinade but I've found the jars of pre-made store bought to be pretty good so out if convenience I use them. Marinade for 24 hrs for best result. I go indirect ~350 apple chunks for smoke btw. If you want to make your marinade from scratch, here is a recipe that I loosely follow: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/07/jerk-marinade Just cook the Spatchcock like you normally would but be careful because the marinade has a bit of sugar in it. That will burn easily if it gets to hot. Let us know how it turns out!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • JerkChicken
    edited April 2013
    Options
    After 1.5 to 2 hrs....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    Oops... Here's the pic